Tag: header background image
The Arras 1.6.2 Maintenance Release is now available.
This release fixes the following three issues:
- Footer Widget Areas width not sized correctly
- Site Description not working correctly with WordPress Custom Header’s “Display/Hide Header Text” functionality
- Page Titles not displaying correctly for some kinds of posts/pages
A word of explanation about the Site Header, Logo, and Site Description:
Arras allows you to use two different images in the site header. You can use either one of these, or both at the same time. (Or neither.)
- The Header Background Image. This is set in the WordPress Customizer by going to either Appearance > Customize and selecting the “Header Image” section, or by going directly to Appearance > Header (which opens the same thing without having to click on “Header Image”). This will place a background image between the Top Menu and the Main Navigation Menu. The customizer will allow you to crop images in this section before saving. The ideal size for a full-width image is 980 x 200 pixels, but you’re not restricted to that. This background image will not be clickable. It’s just a background image.
- The Custom Logo Image. This image is set by going to Appearance > Arras Options and clicking the “Design” tab. It will display the image in the exact size of the image you upload here without resizing. If Arras has a Custom Logo set, the logo will replace the site title text in the header, and will appear regardless of the Display Header Text setting in the Customizer (because it ain’t text!). Arras will superimpose this image over the Header Background image if you have one set. The logo will be clickable, and link to your site’s home page.
The Site Description will appear or not (regardless of whether you have a background image, a custom logo, both or neither) by toggling the Display Header Text box in the Customizer’s “Site Title & Tagline” section. If you don’t have a custom logo, the site title will also display or not according to how you’ve set the “Display Header Text” option.